• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Upgrading CPU

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

jclark8279

Registered
Upgrading CPU in a A7N8X Dlx

Is it possible to swap out CPU's without taking out the motherboard? I just ordered a Barton 2500 and will be replacing a XP1700 in a A7N8X Deluxe. I know I will have to at least take the power supply out... Any advice is appreciated...

Specs:
Antec Lanboy 350PW
A7N8X Deluxe
Kingston Hx PC3500
Ati 8500LE
WD 80g SE

you might not even have to remove power supply, but it does make it easier, just have to pop the clip for the heatsink/fan(unless it uses the screw holes, in which case you will have to remove mobo), once the heatsink/fan is off, just pull the arm on the right of the chip to the side a bit, then pull up till it releases the chip, that's it

it is recommended to take it out.. dont be lazy and do that =d cuz if yous crew up break a clip chip the cpu then you'll regret it for being lazy..

perosnally i think the only way to remove the cpu is taking out the board =d so i would go ahead and remove it =d just to be safe and not have to worry about cracked cpus and what not

Back