• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Buffalo PC3200 or PC3700?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Azzkikr6969

Registered
I'm planning to get ASUS P4P800 Dlx with a 2.6C and was wondering whether the PC3700 is worth it or not and will it have problems running with the motherboard? I'm planning to run it at PC3200 with low timing. Is that ok?

well if your only planning on running at 200fsb for RAM then theres no reason to spend more cash on the PC3700. However, I would reconsider your strategy. The p4 doesn't care nearly as much about timings as an AMD, the P4 loves the high FSB dual channel. I would go with the PC3700 and run dual channel at as high of FSB as you can go!....also I'm not too familar with the p4 boards, but the 2.4C can get to higher FSB speeds which if ratio'd right is around PC3700 IIRC....but the 2.6C 1:! is over PC3700, but any ratio will put it under what the RAM can do. Just something to make your twirl a bit :p

Back