• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

nf7 v2.0 help

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

redlinep4mance

i jus got this nf7 from newegg today and i cant get it anywhere past 168 fsb. my info is nf7 v2.0, geil pc3500 golden dragon, 360 watt TT pure power. my settings are 6/6 divider, cas2-2-2-6, dram volt at 2.9, rest of the voltage is at stock. any help will be appreiciated!

edit! my multiplier is at 8

I would relax the timings a bit on the ram. That's all I can think of.

I'm running stable at 219 FSB.

Welcome to the Forum!

What do your voltages look like under load? That ram sould not be a problem at a synched speed below 217 fsb (and will probably be good above that too). To take the ram out of the equation, set the ratio to "by SPD" to use the manufacturer's speed and timings. Also, consider running memtest86 to be sure you don't have a bad module.

What cpu are you using and what else do you have in your system?

Which bios version are you using?

Just as an idea, try increaseing the Chipset voltage - however, I know its good up to 180 fsb at 1.4v (on my NF7) so I cant see how that is a problem... Im really stuck for ideas :/

Edit: also try BIOS v 17 (from the abit site) it worked wonders for my fsb- extra 40Mz :D :D:D:D

I don't think voltage is an issue at this point, but maybe give a little extra to the cpu, like 1.7. I just got this board yesterday myself, and I went from a max 190 on an Asus nforce2, though older rev., to 210 out of the box with this rev. 2.0 Abit. What worked for me was Set cpu speed to user define, set CPU/DRAM ratio to Auto, and CPU Interface to enabled. I'd leave the settings at 6-2-2-2 if that's what is recommended for that stick and bring the voltage down to 2.7 for now.

Finally passed 220

ok i finally got to 220. but i had to relax the timing biggg time to 2.5-5-5-12 do you even think its worth it to or should i try to tightin the timing and reduce the fsb?? anyways i also reflashed the bios to 1.6 i dunno if that helped but i finally got passed 200 =).

btw im also runnin at 9.5 multi

Finally passed 220

ok i finally got to 220. but i had to relax the timing biggg time to 2.5-5-5-12 do you even think its worth it to or should i try to tightin the timing and reduce the fsb?? anyways i also reflashed the bios to 1.6 i dunno if that helped but i finally got passed 200 =).

btw im also runnin at 9.5 multi

Back