• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

mobo compatibility problems, should I get Corsair, Mushkin. Kingston, or Crucial?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

funnyperson1

mobo compatibility problems, should I get Corsair, Mushkin. Kingston, or Crucial?

Well my mobo doesnt play well with the OCZPC3200 with copper HS that I got from the classifieds :(.

It does very well with the PC2100 Crucial that I have though.

I can only afford 256mb in the future I may add another 256mb for dual channel.

Here are my choices:

Corsair XMS 3200 (60-70$)
Crucial PC3200 (55$)
Kingmax 3200 (43$)
Kingston HyperX 3200 (60-70$)
Geil PC3200 (45$)
Mushkin PC2700 BLUE Line (62$)
Mushkin PC3200 Green Line (59$)

The ones I am interested in right now are the Crucial 3200 (because I know Micron chips work in my system) and Mushkin 2700 because I know Mushkin chips are of the utmost quality and that their tech support is very good, perhaps good enough to trouble shoot any incompatibilities with my mobo.

Otherwise, which ones use the same type of chips used on the OCZPC3200 so that I can avoid those.

If you have any suggestions to make the 3200 work on my mobo then im game, but my voltage maxes out at 2.7 vdimm and I have already tried turning down timings. I think I may be able to get them to work with some tweaking because at 100fsb it runs fine. At 133 and higher though it freezes at the NTloader screen.

Thanks.

Last edited:
Due to the overwhelming replies and the amazingly knowledgeable and helpful phone lady at Mushkin I ordered some blue line PC3200. Tonight they have free shipping!!! :)

np, glad i was able to help.

I'm not sure about mushkin but I remember the Hyper-X brand having pretty nice timings.. (i think 2-2-2), better than corsair.
but that doesn't matter now does it? :)

lol, actually part of what motivated me to buy this ram is the fact that the lady said that you can return it for any reason within 2 weeks. so if it is incompatible then....:)

I'm very happy with my Mushkin Enhanced 3200, works great, haven't had a single recognition error, and the blue heatsinks look nice. My case has a place for a fan blowing straight on them, don't know, could be good for overclocking,
Anyone had experiences with overclocking this memory?

I go for the Mushkin Blue.
Even with its spec,
you can do DDR400 with 2-6-3-3 timing or
DDR430 with relax timing.

Trust me, I used it before with this setting

I am glad I went with Mushkin no compatibility issues at all.

230 fsb at 9-3-3 CL3 timings is stable as is 200 fsb with 6-3-3 CL2 timings.

Back