• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Barton 2500+ at 2.7 Supercooling

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

greasyjoe

Registered
it looks like only one person has been able to reach the 2.7 ghz milestone. what was the key break thru you had to accomplish in order to reach this level? Is it that voltage mod on the Nf7-abit or maybe i need better memory.

I actually tested the MB out of the case with a 5 gal bucket reservoir and put 10 pounds of dry ice into the water... to my amazement the bios reached 0c/32F then hit (temperature not detected) It only took about 5 minutes to hit the limit of the FSB, which was 200 and then it crashed.

After which i set the multi to 17, it posted but didnt say the exact speed at the post... after that we threw 5 more pounds in and the bucket and the peltier beat the processor,,, The whole mother board was cold all over and the memory was ice cold, I took the precausion to use rubber dip on the back of the mb socket with some neoprene sheets. And forced dialextric grease into all the pin holes. I should have used anti freeze.

What do you guys think i need to do to get to the 2.7 ghz level... Is it worth doing the pin mod and trying to get up that high or should i spring for a new MB.??? abit or asus?, or get some geil mem>? qwety what do you think.

The MB shouldn't affect the end core speed at all; raising the multi should compensate for lack of a good FSB. That being said, 200 seems pretty low for an NF7.

With a max FSB of 200 and max multi of 17, you should have no problems mobo-wise in going to 2.7.

Back