• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

KT333 Dragon ultra plat. questions

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

creepy

I plan on buying a KT333 Dragon ultra plat. I had read somewhere that you could adjust the fsb 1mhz at a time. I was wondering if that is true. I was also wondering what kind of overclocking features this board has.

i don't recommend soyo for overclocking ever.
First, they were very late to support amd's lower-voltage cpus.
Secondly, the clock multiplier only goes up to 12.5.
Thiridly, they mobo has trouble with high FSBs, even the KT400 has trouble at fsb values higher than 180.

Soyo is good for stock stablity and reliability but is a stubborn overclocker. Sure there are exceptions, you can never guarantee anything with any motherboard, every model has it's bad apple combinations.

I myself own the KT333 Dragon Lite and was far from satasfied when I bought a tbred 6 months ago and fonud myself dead in the sand untill a month ago when they finally released a bios upgrade to make my cpu work. Now I'm pretty happy but if I could go back a year and buy a diff motherboard I'd stick with what's been loyal and true to me, Epox, I just wanted to experiment with Soyo for once. [and once only =]

Go with an Epox or an Abit motherbord if you want to overclock and make sure you buy compatible ram.

Good luck.

Im not really sure about how the kt333 platinum works.

I got the Soyo Plus with the Kt333CF chipset a couple of months ago. The 1 Mhz incriment works fine for me. I have not tried everything to overclock it to the max, but i have the FSb to 175 from 166 with a multi of 12.5. I think the multi goes higher than that also.

Ite been a fine board for me, except sometimes it doesnt like to restart. (not sure why that is tho)

Back