• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

kingmax/infineon fraud??

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

n3lson

hey anyone who's up on the memory scene if u have any input on this situation id appreciate it..no emergency tho.

i ordered 2x512Mb sticks of kingmax pc3200 from komusa.com, for $78 a piece.

they are here now and the chips say infineon.

i know that they also make ram, and i am wondering if kingmax used their chips, or if i was just sent the infineon ram instead of kingmax.

also if this is the case did i get gipped or lucky? [is kingmax better or worse than infineon]

thx a lot for anything u can tell me!

There are a few companies that manufacture ram. A few of those also assemble their ram into modules. Many or even most modules are assembled by companies that have nothing to do with the manufacture of the chips.

thx graphics..does anyone happen to know if kingmax uses infineon modules tho?

the boards dont say kingmax anywhere..

also if anyone has an oppinion on the quality/performance of the two brands: kingmax vs infineon, it would be greatly appreciated.

thx a bunch.

I would not show concern Kingmax do not actually make memory modules themselves and as such use those supplied by other companys.
I doubt that the word fraud is an appropiate one unless they lead you to believe that you were getting memory modules made by Kingmax
Does the memory rate at the specification you believe you purchased ?
I have Kingmax PC2100 with a module on it which comes from a company othe rthan Kingmax, I can't remember what company but imho this is fantastic memory capable of amazing speeds at default voltages.

ok thx a lot...i just didnt know what the deal was cuz the boards didnt say kingmax newhere.

thx a bunch all.

I think this has more to do with Komusa.Com then with KingMax.

I checked out Komusa's deal because I was in the market for some KingMax PC3200 memory. At first I thought I was getting a good deal (they undersold NewEgg by $5) but checking their product numbers, they were not KingMax products. Looking at their picture of the product, it is a generic-built module.

Komusa makes their own memory, under the Komusa HyperRAM name. While also selling memory marked Samsung and KingMax/Simple-Tech. I think what Komusa does is buy chips that go into the respected memory, and assemble/sell it under the chip-name.

KingMax is a semiconductor company, and they usually put their own chips into their memory. The best deal for true-KingMax PC3200 512MB is at NewEgg for $90 (KingMax MPXC22D-38KX3).

If you want to be sure that yours is KingMax, look for the product code on the standard warranty-void-if-taken-off sticker, and see if it matches up with anything on KingMax's site. www.kingmax.com

I stand corrected as from memory I know my Kingmax PC2100 hasTiny BGA module (remembered once i saw the name) its fantastic memory though imho well underated

512MB KingMax PC3200 MPXC22D-38KX3inyBGA) for $90. This is top stuff, and is what you prolly think you would be getting. This is the same ram that has proven to run better/on-par then Corsair, TwinMOS, or even Mushkin. KingMax also sells memory labeled SUPER-RAM (MPXC22D-383) in only Duel-Channel format, but this stuff is hard as hell to find for a good deal in the US.

If I had gotten a generic-built by a website-company (Komusa.com) with Infineon chips when I was expecting KingMax Tiny-BGA ram, I would be dissapointed to say the least. I have never dealt with Infineon modules before, but in Video Cards their memory seems to overclock shy of Samsung.

Back