• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

8rda+ question, plz help!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Helgaiden

does the 8rda+ support 400mhz fsb?

i see on the pcstats review it does but on the epox website (and newegg) it doesnt.

whats the deal?

Some 8rda+ boards dont support 200mhz cause the vdd vlotage is too low. That was only with v 1.1 and 1.0 though. I am not positive, but I think v 2 supports 200mhz.

not 100% sure.

I have an 8rda+ revision 1.1, and I got it to run at 200fsb without any mods, and 229fsb by simply putting a 50mm fan on the North Bridge stock cooler with zip ties, and without doing the VDD mod.

I did, however, back down to 200fsb until I can get some better cooling on the South Bridge and MOFSETS.

wow squeaky. I put a fan on my NB heatsink and I still couldnt pass 190. Were you not able to hit 200mhz before you put a fan on?

NB fan didnt do anything noticeable for me until I did the VDD mod. Your board sounds like an oddity :D

I just got my 8rda+ last night and i was able to hit 11x200 using default voltages and cooling without a hitch. The north bridge is pretty warm so i'm prolly going to throw a fan on it tonight.

My 8RDA+ is V1.1, but modded with active NB cooling, passive SB cooling, MOSFET & VR ramsinks and Vdd mod.

Benched the board FSB capabilities by using 5X multiplier and setting memory frequency to 60% of FSB. Board runs Prime95-stable at 240MHz @ 1.84Vdd. I stopped testing there, since the board quality is much higher than my memory.

Hope this helps!

Back