• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

kingmax/infineon fraud??

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

n3lson

hey anyone who's up on the memory scene if u have any input on this situation id appreciate it..no emergency tho.

i ordered 2x512Mb sticks of kingmax pc3200 from komusa.com, for $78 a piece.

they are here now and the chips say infineon.

i know that they also make ram, and i am wondering if kingmax used their chips, or if i was just sent the infineon ram instead of kingmax.

also if this is the case did i get gipped or lucky? [is kingmax better or worse than infineon]

thx a lot for anything u can tell me!

I think this has more to do with Komusa.Com then with KingMax.

I checked out Komusa's deal because I was in the market for some KingMax PC3200 memory. At first I thought I was getting a good deal (they undersold NewEgg by $5) but checking their product numbers, they were not KingMax products. Looking at their picture of the product, it is a generic-built module.

Komusa makes their own memory, under the Komusa HyperRAM name. While also selling memory marked Samsung and KingMax/Simple-Tech. I think what Komusa does is buy chips that go into the respected memory, and assemble/sell it under the chip-name.

KingMax is a semiconductor company, so they put their own chips into their memory. The best deal for true-KingMax PC3200 512MB is at NewEgg for $90 (KingMax MPXC22D-38KX3).

Back