• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Does the SKU9000 really outperform the Alpha8050?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Clevor

Does the SLK9000 really outperform the Alpha8050?

I been using the Alpha8942 or 8050 extensively for both my AMD and P4 boards. I hear the SLK is the best heatsink out there. I just can't see how anything can outperform the humongous Alphas. They use a copper core to quickly draw heat away from the CPU, then use forged aluminum fins, with flat black matte finish, to give off heat quickly. They use 80 mm fans. I run them sucking to draw hot air away from the board. How can it get better than this?

The SLK is all copper and supposedly copper does not give up heat as well as aluminum. Plus you are blowing hot air onto the motherboard.

Can anyone confirm by temperature testing (links?) that the SKU outperforms the Alphas?

Hmmm, seems to cool pretty well, but needs the 5500 Vantec fan. Guess I'll try one but they are pretty expensive. Anybody know the cheapest place? I think I will try the new one too, the SLK9000-A or something.

it also doesn't need that fan...you can get just about any fan u want...i would suggest a palomino 92mm or a sf2 80mm....(smart fan 2)....but its really your db-cfm choice.

Back