• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Northbridge Cooler?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

metra

Do these make a big difference? I have an Abit BH7 (rest of info in sig). What i get lower temps/higher overclock? Where can i get some 40mm fans if those are any help?

Im searching for anything to get me to 3ghz cause im pretty close.. Getting a bunch of BSODs at 163fsb and its stable at 162/161.

And what are some good NB coolers? The new Zalman 47 (you only need to remember the number, as all the other letters are the same for every NB cooler they make) is pretty damn cheap. Any other good coolers?

Or would this be too dangerous/waste of time?

Ebay has tons of 40mm fans. Less than a dollar each, might as well buy about 5 since they fins break easily. Oh yeah, and shipping is cheap also (less than 2 dollars, sometimes free)

Yep, you can just stick a big fan on your current northbridge heatsink. And/or redo the thermal paste with some better compound. I changed to a copper iceberq and it works pretty well (8RDA+ A1 here), so if you want to go all out replace the whole thing. It's not very dangerous, just take your time.

Ffats said:
If you're
A) Really Really Pushing it
and
B) Full of cash

Then Here's a solution for you!

these are really nice, and the bottom comes pretty much perfectly flat too.

Yeah ive seen those, but theyre just too darn expensive.

The problem with getting an NB cooler is that there really arent any reviews.

Should i get the Tiger1 or the Zalman or a 40mm fan and a Zalman or a 40mm fan and my current cooler?

I guess Northpole would come out as the winnner, but its too expensive. I heard that the Tiger1 performs a little better than the Zalmans, but what about the Zalman witha fan? Or should i just get either cause i wont see much of a difference?

Back