• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

replacing stock AMD fan

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

pummer

What I want to do is replace the stock AMD fan on my barton's HSF with another high-powered fan. 2 uestions:

1. what size is the stock AMD fan? I believe it's 60mm, but it could be 50mm and I don't have a centimeter ruler

2. what are the specs of the stock AMD fan, CFM and dbA?

anyone see any problems with my idea?

I would REALLY reccomend you change the entire thing... it is crap, simply put. The fan is 60mm anyway, and I beleive its about 28cfm.

Dude, don't blow money on the half-crap heatsink they give you, putting a better fan on that is like putting gold rims on a hyundai. if your temps get even close to 50ºC, then you should consider getting a copper cooler with a decent size fan already installed. newegg.com should be able to help with that including everything from the dead-cheap to really expensive. just pick what fits your budget (if you had planned on spending 15-20 dollars on a fan, kick in a couple bucks and get something worth taking home to mama, LOL).

Back