• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Zalman for socket A

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

still_runnin

Registered
I was wondering if any of you know of Zalman coming out with one of their CPU heatsinks/fan like the 7000 that will fit socket A. its sweet looking plus quiet. if zalman is not making one, could you just give me a quick answer to this. im going to use a nf7-s with a slk800/900 and i want it quiet. everyone is talking about these panaflos but i havnt seen em around. do i need a tornado to pust my 2500 to 2.3+ Ghz? i dont want the noise

I doubt Zalman will be able to release any heatsink that large for the current AMD platform... It just comes down to the dimensions AMD has allowed for a heatsink and Zalman has probably tried, however needed more room for more surface area. Personally, I think they should try a multi-heatpipe solution - but imagine how much that would cost.

I believe that the Overclockers.com frontpage had an adapting guide for the 7000Cu to use it in a Socket A, however I can't find it at the moment (or am I thinking of a heading which went "Would be great for Socket A use..)? Not sure, maybe someone else can help.

You can find many Panaflo's and other righteous fans over at Xoxide.com. You must not be looking at enthusiast sites to not come across a Panaflo or NMB!

As for OC'ing your AMD, I apologize because I don't know much about oc'ing on the AMD platform.. Hopefully someone can help!

Last edited:
it works, however, it wont work as well. i hear its better off with a slk 800 then doing an adaptation thing.

Thanks for the replies guys. I guess I havnt been to xoxide for a long long time. i looked around svc and saw those two zalmans but both say they dont support socket A (426). SVC does not carry panaflos either. It was my fault I didnt see them on newegg. It does not look like the zalman will work though because it does not fit on the NF7-S. bummer

You need the 7000A which can be found here (49) , here (41) , and here (49) . You can compare various heatsinks at this page . According to the page I linked above, the hsf placed 20th with .33 c/w and produces very little noise with a die simulator and Socket A mod (so this was a 7000, not 7000A). When the P4 version was tested on a P4 it placed 6th with "very low noise" with .18 c/w. The HSF is very heavy for Socket A Boards which have a reconmended maximum of 350g. The HSF weighs 773g for the all copper version. This means that if you plan on moving your computer alot you should be very very careful and if moving long distances to support the hsf with foam on its side to prevent damage. I myself would like to see results of a 7000A on an AMD chip to see what kind of temperatures are to be had.
Anyways, I hope this post helped you out.

edit : This page contains a list of compatible motherboards.

so is the 2.0 nf7-s compatible with the 7000a-cu? if so how hard would it be to replace the 92mm fan with something a bit stronger?

Back