• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Radeon 9800 Cooling

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Compliance20

hey i just bought a radeon 9800np and im looking for a cooling solution...i want it to cool the vram, and the gpu. i can really find some that do both. and i could you ram Heatsinks for the vram except that there is a little chip inbetween the vram. its high enough to not allow the heat sink to sit on the vram.....CAN Some one give me some links, or a solution...im trying to dremel(cut to .5inch x .5inch) a heatsink, but the bottom doesnt stay level after cutting, and its looks like crap.

Why don't you split the the heatsink into two, one to cool each chip, and then lap your finished products to ensure an even finish? Most ramsinks are very overpriced, and won't give you as good performance as DIY ones anyways.

I think he's trying to cut some ramsinks out of a larger heatsink. Its not as easy as it sounds. Mine came out screwed up on the bottom even when I thought I was only cutting the sides...

well i got them pretty close...but there still all messed up. i can lap them..but i dont know how to get them to stick on the ram. any ideas?

Back