• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Directx 9...should I?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

DocClock aka MadClocker

Howdy, Ever since I upgraded to IE 6, I been having a few glitches...like UT refusing to run, and locking my comp...and now I tried to run Undying, and had a few page faults. I suspect dx 8.1 to be the culprit, so I'm wondering if upgrading to DX9 will solve my probs.
The rig is the one in my sig, and I'm running 98se. I don't want to upgrade to ME or XP....been there, done that...I just wana play my games. the only games that give me trouble are ones that require directx which is why I suspect that my DX8.1 got corrupted somehow.
So I'm wondering if my Gf4 MX440 is dx9 compatible, and will I have to get new drivers for it and my S.B. Live sound card?
In the mean time I am running DRWatson to get an idea of what is at fault.

Any help, advise would be most apreciated, and Thanks in advance.

I have a GF4 MX 440 and I have installed DX9. It runs fine but obviously with the lame hardware support of the MX some of the features in DX9 will not work. It would be a good idea to install the latest detonators though.

L337 M33P said:
I have a GF4 MX 440 and I have installed DX9. It runs fine but obviously with the lame hardware support of the MX some of the features in DX9 will not work. It would be a good idea to install the latest detonators though.

Ditto for me as well. I did the DX9 install just after the OS and any SPs that needed to get installed. Then I installed the device drivers.

Once the foundation was laid, I could install the games and apps. Nothing broke this way and if it did, at this point I could just format and try again with little lost time.

Back