• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Volcano 6Cu+ can't cut it anymore

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

JayP

I just bought a new 1800+ and am running 1.50v core voltage. My idle temps are around 42c cpu & 21c system. Shouldn't cpu temps be lower than 42c if my core voltage is only at 1.50v? I'm running a Volcano 6Cu+ with Artic Silver II. Do I need to upgrade my hsf to something with more airflow? Any suggestions?

42 is fine. i dont see any problems there.. but you could upgrade the heatsink/fan if you have spare cash..

now adays you can get a sk-7 for around 15-16 and a smartfan 2 for around 8 bucks. it would be a big upgrade from a volcano6+

The 6cu doesnt realy have a copper base. Its just coated with copper on both sides to look like its solid copper. I discovered this while lapping. I would highly recomend getting a better hsf. I put my old one on a k6-3, highest thing I would trust it on.

Back