• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

I have a problem with ie; constant error

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

bromickel

HELP HELP HELP :bang head I'm having problems with my IE I keep getting an error message after a very short time on it. the error box asks to send problem to microsoft, but the problem still persists. And this is getting me frustrated for I cant even use the program. It really makes me mad when popups come up in ie (I hate popups anyway).

RUN MAN!!! You have the feared "error reporting service" turned on! Grab your valuables and flee out the front door as your computer has been reporting back to big brother (M$). :D

Let's turn that off and after doing so, you'll probably have less errors (go figure).

You need to get to "System Properties" which can be done by either right-clicking "My Computer" and sliding down to properties or by going through Start/Control Panel/System Properties.

In Sys. Props go to the "Advanced" tab and in the lower right hand side of the window you will see "Error Reporting". Click that and turn everything off.

While you are in the System Properties window I would also recommend going to "Automatic Updates" and "Remote" tabs and turning off both of those as well.

Wedo

Also if you are getting alot of errors regardles you may want to run cdkdsk or scandisk depending on your flavor of windows and if that does not cure it upgrade or reinstall IE

Reinstall IE is what I would start with. I had a similar annoying problem and I tried just about everything. I finally reformated that was the only way I could find how to solve it. Good Luck!

Matt

Heh, mine used to happen every time you right-click. Is there a certain action that sets it off? That might help us to diagnose the problem and how to solve it.

Matt

I used to get that error all the time when I was overclocked just a bit too far. If you're overclocked, try going back to stock and see if the error goes away.

Back