• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Garage sale 2400

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Barnstormer

Got a 2400 today for $10!!!!!! Guy selling a computer at a yard sale, said it didnt work since a big power surge at the house. No name beige box, and 1 screw on the case was stripped so I couldnt get it open there. He said "it was pretty fast when I got it"
Took it home, opened it up, and its a AIUHB XP2400+.

I was floored.
So, in it went, up it booted, running like a champ right now.

Yeah for me!
(and team 32!)

that rox's what kinda mobo was in it..

i kinda had that same experience once, these two idiots found this comp and my friend went and looked at it and told them "ahh that's not very good" and he called me and was like dude,.. u got 20 bucks? i was like yeh.. so we went,, it ended up be'n some type of server whith a 500Wpsu and 2 count em 2 P-III 1GZ on a intel board... dont remember which chipset. but it was a duelly.. ran that system for quite some time, was pretty nice and it had 1GB of pc133ram.. 3 10GB 10Krpm HD (SCSI).. was a pretty nice buy for 20bucks

I believe the MB might be cooked, it would not do anything, even after I swapped out the PSU, memory and drives. I am gonna try to build another system with the MB and 1700 pally that is in my sig when my new NF7 arrives this week sometime.

Back