• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

p4c 2.4: ocz pc3700 gold or adata 4000

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Axion

p4c 2.4
ic7 or ic7-g
2x256mb of the above ram
sapphire radeon 9800np
audigy2
zalman cnps7000cu

which ram is better for me:
aircooled, oc to 3.2ghz min.... doubt any higher than 275fsb (current *wall* for some) but could consider it....!

which ram is just better? price difference is negligible

Adata PC4000 has gained quite a reputation for an overclocker since it's debute. There has been stories of it getting up to DDR600, albeit on ultra-cooled machines. People in the US have even ordered cross-Atlantic shipping for it, because, of course, it's not on sale here.

I havn't heard of anything remotely like this for OCZ stuff, but it's your decision :)

get the adata even tho u have to go overseas, you can get it really inexpensively. many guys are gettin 270 to 280 at 1to1 fsb mem ratio. Till i see some reviews showing the other pc4000 runnin that fast, im probably gonna get some

get the adata even tho u have to go overseas, you can get it really inexpensively. many guys are gettin 270 to 280 at 1to1 fsb mem ratio. Till i see some reviews showing the other pc4000 runnin that fast, im probably gonna get some

I have both of the ram types that your asking about. My ocz3700 does 255fsb 1:1 at 2-3-3-7. My ADATA does 285fsb 1:1 @ 3-4-4-(5,6,7 or 8). I get about 350pts more in sandra even with the looser timings but of course higher fsb. This is on an Asus P4C800D with the mem volt mod... I paid around $192 shipped from the UK for the ADATA and it got here in less than 5 days...

Nomjr said:
I have both of the ram types that your asking about. My ocz3700 does 255fsb 1:1 at 2-3-3-7. My ADATA does 285fsb 1:1 @ 3-4-4-(5,6,7 or 8). I get about 350pts more in sandra even with the looser timings but of course higher fsb. This is on an Asus P4C800D with the mem volt mod... I paid around $192 shipped from the UK for the ADATA and it got here in less than 5 days...

What voltages do you have to use with the adata? thanks.

IC7's can't get above 255 fsb in 1:1 ratio currently. May want to think about memory with tighter timings than the ADATA, or getting another mobo.

The IC7 Max 3 will probably have the Vdimm voltages needed to get the ADATA to the 300fsb 1:1 that it can apparently get to, but may/may not have the same 255fsb limitation the other revs do.

Xymurgy said:
IC7's can't get above 255 fsb in 1:1 ratio currently.

It's not that the boards aren't capable of doing it, its due to a BIOS issue (which is supposed to be corrected in the next release). You can still go over 255Mhz fsb using SetFSB- the average IC7 should be capable of doing at least 300Mhz.

all very interesting... although no one noticed that i live in the uk so who needs overseas shipping?

i was leaning 75% on the adata anyway... now its 100%

I found a pretty good review for adata memory. This site tested 12 sticks of memory versus just a couple, like most sites do..

Sucks for us Abit users because breaking 255fsb in 1:1 is impossible. Hopefully a bios revision will get that straightened out.

link

I pondered buying the adata memory for a week, but then I had a flash of spontaneous purchasing, and got 2 x 256MB of Geil's new Ultra Platinum PC4000 DC kit.

Last edited:
its been posted

i think OCuk ship to USA - check the major adata4000 thread

mattspalace said:

Sucks for us Abit users because breaking 255fsb in 1:1 is impossible. Hopefully a bios revision will get that straightened out.

*cough* download SetFSB *cough*

lol yeah thats os way to oc, but it has to run everytime you load... more clutter.

Back