• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

nf7 + 2100

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Tyranos

I just got my nf7s v2 and a bunch of other things from excal yesterday! Nice board. I put an slk 800u and tornado on my 2100 as well. Things that I've noticed:

The 2100+ seems to take slightly less core voltage than before to remain stable at the same speeds.

Still requires a large jump in voltage just to go from 2299mhz to 2300mhz. :\

Ceramique+ slk800u + tornado = kick *** heat removal.

Won't run at 210+fsb. I attribute this to the pc3200 corsair XMS. I'm also running dual channel.

The 2100+ seems to take slightly less core voltage than before to remain stable at the same speeds
This is odd, especially since the NF7 undervolts, supposedly.
Still requires a large jump in voltage just to go from 2299mhz to 2300mhz. :\
This is perfectly normal
Won't run at 210+fsb. I attribute this to the pc3200 corsair XMS. I'm also running dual channel.
Have you tried relaxing the timings? High DC fsb's can sometimes be difficult even on the NF7. Make sure all the usual BIOS settings are taking care of(spread spectrum, CPU interface, Chipset Voltage...). If none of those do anything for you, you may want to try the FSB sense mod. It seems to help some tremendously, and do next to nothing for others.

I believe my timings are 2 3 3 9. Its currently priming at 2.15 vcore and 2400mhz. I'll try 2 4 4 11 soon. Do you know if the volt mod for the abit is the same type as the 8rda+? (solder resistor)

Back