• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

How come no one uses PC Mark?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Timmybighands

Why doesnt anybody use PCMark to check the stability of the system? I would think that since it is intended to check the performance of the CPU, it would be more fitting than just 3dMark. If I run PCMark and my processor is set too high, it crashes... Just curious.

Thanks

PCMark does not stress the GPU, which is a good use of 3DMark. Prime95 will usually catch instability before PCMark will as well. But PCMark should work quite well in ensuring stability nonetheless.

Timmybighands said:
Why doesnt anybody use PCMark to check the stability of the system? I would think that since it is intended to check the performance of the CPU, it would be more fitting than just 3dMark. If I run PCMark and my processor is set too high, it crashes... Just curious.

Thanks
i do. i run pcmark.. but like what Mr. Gautam says, PCMark isn't as stressing as the prime95. Listen to his advice.

Back