• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

AMD Temps

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

MooMasster716

Ok this is prob a easy question but can anyone point me in the direction of a place that lists the max and acceptible temps for a 1700XP cause i need to know how far i can go.

max temps is usually 90 C

but you shouldnt go no where near that.. the highest you should have is prob 50-60.. anything more and you're loweing the lifespan of your cpu..

if your'e gonna overclock then it should be even lower 30-50 is what most ppl have their OCed cpus at =d

Yeah, 40-55 Celsius is what you should shoot for, much more and you'll want to work on your cooling configuration some more.
Depending on your set up, you may be able to get it down closer to 40 or even less...Just keep away from temps much over 55-60 as any hotter and you're taking a chance...:D

what they said is exactly true. if your cpu is above 60C theres a huge problem (at least to overclockers)

Actually, it's pretty hard to actually have a system running stable with the CPU running hotter than 70°C. That said, the optimal temps that everyone strives for are in the 40's, some will go as high as the low-50's, like me. :D (Then again, I have a 700MHz OC :D )

BTW, I want to bite your avatar, ryuen

cherryp00t said:
max temps is usually 90 C

but you shouldnt go no where near that.. the highest you should have is prob 50-60.. anything more and you're loweing the lifespan of your cpu..

if your'e gonna overclock then it should be even lower 30-50 is what most ppl have their OCed cpus at =d

i think the max temps vary for cpu's and i think even some of the AMD's are around 80c

but when i OC, i try to keep the max temp at around 45-50c

let's not get confused here. i believe AMD says the chips can run to 90c, but i believe that's on the core, and not the socket. now, considering that, i think 50c on the socket is pushing it, especially for extreme overclocks.;)

Back