• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

20C difference between idle/load temps

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Jarhead7236

i put my 2nd 1700+ DLT3C system together but had to use my old Volcano 9....i'm trying to figure out how i get a 20C difference between idle/load...i did get the 2C drop once the AS3 settled but i never had a big difference between idle/load like this...my primary set up (in sig) only has a 5-8C difference (the SK7 is obviously better but 20C's seem wayyy outof whack) any ideas besides remove, reapply TIM and reseat, cause i've done that....and the hs is already lapped (800 grit).....btw, my idle temps are 44C/ load 64C....on an A7N8X-X rev 2.0, 210x11, ram @ 7/3/3/3, vcore @ 1.65V....the SF2 is maxed out (4800rpms) to get the mediocre idle temp...and i have a ducting mod blowing additional air over the hs.....

I also have around a 20c difference between idle and load, and the highest I've seen is 64c, on my P4 2.4ghz. If you find a solution, please let me know. I installed an exhaust fan under my dual fan psu, and another in the bottom front of the case (can't make it intake like it should be because if I make it instake the wires aren't long enough to plug into my motherboard). I'm guessing whoever installed the thermal pad and heatsink didn't do the best of jobs, but if you've already applied thermal paste, lapped your heatsink, then I'm doubtful about my own situation improving very much. :(

i see a 25C difference on my watercooling =O
but i'm gonna relap the waterblock and remove the p4 heatspreader to try to fix that.
idle ~40C
load ~65C

Back