• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Cooling help

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

kiLLa-N-Nyc

Registered
hey guys umm well i wanted 2 kno if the thermaltake subzero 4g thermo electric cooling is good for my 3.0 that i wanna overclock. well the thing is iam getting a good offer to try 2 over clock the 3.0 to a 4.0 or above the specs are gonna be a p4c800 deluxe for mb 1 gig ddr400 ram with 6.4 gig bandwith with my 550 watt antec plusview1000 something case which comes with 2 fans already and my graphic card will be a fx 5800 being its all sexy and fast and all VoW! lol anywayz yeah so i was wondering what case fans are the best i really dont mine the noise that much but i was wondering if u can give me some info on whats the best case fans that i can cool my pcs with which arent that noisy and some case fans that just Cools the pc like woah and i was wondering should i get the thermaltake subzero 4g thermo electric cooling for the p4 or is there any better kit around 100-200 which is Amazing or should i self build 1 for cheap which works but the thing is i really dont kno how 2 build a water cooling and what devices i should use just incase this thermaltake subzero 4g thermo electric cooling sux thanx alot your help is appreciated alot thanx alot people

That TEC cooler is really under powered and isn't intended for really high overclocking it's suppose to be a way to get decent cooling with very little noise. if i where you i would just go to a good watercooling kit. I don't see that rig giving you very good temps for the work involved in using Thermal electric cooling.

um...first thing: ever hear of a period?:) its very difficult to understand what you want. second, deadphishy is right, the water cooling is a better idea, u get much better performance for the price. third: for silent fans, try the vantec stealths or the panaflos. for performance, try the thermaltake smart fan II's or the vantec tornados. fourth: stickies are VERY useful!;) especially for water cooling, i learned quite a lot about it in just a few days.

welcome to the forums. and i dont think that cooler will be enough to get anything done with overclocking. i am an AMD person, so cant really reccomend a good HSF or water cooling setup :-(

ThermalTake Subzero = Very Crappy.

You'll be very happy with a ThermalRight product (ie: SLK-800 or 900U), or if you don't move your computer around a lot, the Zalman CNPS7000Cu (its very heavy, but also extremely quiet).

For the price of 100-200 dollars, a watercooling system will give you much better temps. I'd reccomend you build your own with guidance from the watercooling section, but kits such as Swiftech's also work well.

Back