• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Cooling my graphics card

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

DeathONator

I'm getting a 9800Pro (I think) in october. I'm looking at how I want to cool it.

A) $24 + fan + bracket. Zalman ZM80A-HP Heatpipe w/ a quiet fan
B) $35 + fan. Zalman ZM80C-HP w/ a quiet fan
C) $29 Thermaltake's GIANT II heatpipe (29db fan included)
D) Cheap waterblock (where can I get one under $40ish)?
E) $0 Stock cooling :D
F) Something else... like my volcano 9

I want to overclock as much as I can get out of it. But I don't want alot of noise either. What should I get?

I'm uncertain, help me decide if you can.

If you want the highest overclock, you should obviously go with a waterblock. I doubt the Zalman would perform as well with a 30cfm Fan as a waterblock would...

Personally, I would choose the Zalman ZM80A-HP with an Enermax adjustable 120mm fan (Like this one)positioned at the end of the card. It puts out a about 65cfm at 24db... The Vantec Stealths are 28db and push out 53cfm... And you can push the fan up some more when you really need that edge.

those heatpipes are quite good byitself.. wiht a fan its even better ;d so dont underestimate it.. they cover the whole card so it dont cool the gpu alone =d

theres a block called a 'gemini waterblock i think', goes for cheap (like 20$). see if you can find it.

wateverblock under 40? thats fine get the mcw50. by then itll probablky drop under 40. i think its like 45 now

Back