• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Coolermaster Aero 7 + Vs Thermaltake Volcano 11+ .

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
I just bought a aero7+ today!! i'll let you know how it peorforms tomarrow. dont want to wake my parents up if some thing goes wrong and the temp alarm goes off:(

yeah u keep me inform coz i will decide ki cooler to buy!!! i have 2400+ ,A7N8X rev 2.0,512mb ddr333 kingston.my temp is getting hotter when i overclock....

I'd just get the AX-7 or Volcanon 7+, they both perform well and are reasonably priced. Although the Volcano 11 is pretty wicked looking.

If I had to choose, I'd go with the Volcano 11+. Keep in mind that the Aero 7 has some trouble fitting in a lot of cases.

I have to agree with alfa_gamer, though. Neither of the two has that awesome of cooling. For about the same amount of money, maybe less, you could get an SLK-700 with a TMD fan for less than $30. This is the little brother to the slk-800 and 900, which are the absolute best on the block. It will cool far better than the heatsinks you've listed, and it will be quieter.

I will worn you i brought a v11 for a freinds pc (stock 2500 barton) and it had a load temp of over 60C (fan@3000rpm) . i reseated it twice with as3 but makes no differance. the base is very rough and uneaven so it will probably benifit from lapping. a possible cause of the high temps may be the high ambiant at the moment around 30-35C but still 60C is high. it was no better than a volcano 9!

for that reason i would go for the aero 7 or eaven better a member of the thermalrite sk or slk series i would recormend the sk-7 as its gr8 value for money

ok i got mine running it is kinda loud compaired to my butterfly zalman but that was supposto be quiet. I have a 1700+ t-bred B my idle temp is 36c and with the zalman it was like 47c. The temp will go down a couple degrees as the ac3 settels. I did not have and problem mounting it the only thing that sticks out is the mounting thumb clip but it works on my board the thing is just really tall.

p.s. It looks cool too!

If you plan to overclock DO NOT get the volcano. Oh it looks cool and the sf2 is nice, but the actual heatsink is just a little bigger than a factory amd heatsink, but copper of course.

I don't know about the aero7, but if you just are going to have a regular comp with a window and want a neato looking hs, get the volcano. But I can't emphasize enough, if you plan to over clock, don't get the v11+.

Well that my $.02 anyway.

I think I'm doomed!

Hi Guys,

Today I ordered a volcano 11+ cooler to my cpu. Actually my cpu is xp2000+ with high temp so wana try a new one. after reading this forum i feel little bit foolish, am i wasted my money? well this is my first credit card transaction and te shipping price is same as the cooler price aslo so thinking weither i'll have to worry. Anyway thanks for your guys comments, i'll looking foward to post my comment abt that cooler.

-=Ambush=- said:
But I can't emphasize enough, if you plan to over clock, don't get the v11+.

Its not that bad - I have a 1700 @ 2.3ghz at 42.5C load...and I'm in the UK, as well. It's certainly not that bad for the money, but I probably wouldn't get it again seeing that its about as good as the volcano 9.

ok guys i`ll get the SLK-800 ,better for overclocking too:) but high price tag also:) should it fit on my mobo A7N8X (non deluxe) ????

I would pick Aero 7+ over V11.
I had seen some poor reviews on V11 (wish I can find it).
Aero 7+ is pretty much consistant through out all the reviews.

jimmystoba said:
I've just bought an 'Aero 7+' and it's taken 7C off my load temp, plus the artic silver hasn't settled yet.

What did you have before? There's a big difference between shaving 7C off what a stock heatsink does and shaving 7C off what a premium heatsink does.

Back