• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

stactic shock?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Tc3 Toad

squrrel cage fans?

squrrel cages

what if you mounted these on your case and not just cpu. Sence they have 2x pressure couldent they move more air?

comments and imput please. thanks

ps: sorry about the title i had a little mixup

EDIT: Sorry got my posts mixed up, the stactic one will go to the AMD thred

Last edited:
To be honest I have never shocked any cards and I have about 5 lan cards, 2 sound cards and 3 video cards laying on my desk right now

i havent either. on the other hand my friend some how always kills his cards. probably has a staticky body. lol

I would think a squirrel cage that moved a decent amount of air would be HUGE. Try a 120mm fan if you want air flow without too much noise.

squirrel cages move alot more air in considerabaly the same size. for example you could have an intake in the lower front of the case, have the hole itself in the side panel, so it blows its air inward, instead of sideways. and you couls mount one in top with its intake facing down and exaust out the side as a blow hole. just put them like thet, and for like back of case exaust, mount them outside the case blowin sideways. these could move a bit of air :)

BTW, im talkin bout the like 1 1/2 inch wide plastic ones i've had. not the metal caged ones.

ya the one on my heat sink can really get the air moving and i figured it would look kinda cool with those on my case.

"I would think a squirrel cage that moved a decent amount of air would be HUGE."
I have seen 2 small(about 60mm) squirrel cage fans cooling a Britney CPU(which gives off ~130w of heat!) in a rackmount server.

Back