• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Has the hyper x /nf7 v2 fiasco been resolved yet?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Tyranos

Because its sure showing its ugly face here. I just got my new nf7-s v2, because I thought my 8rda+ was giving me problems. Well, I have xms pc3200 and hyperX pc3500 512mb sticks. 208x11. 3d mark and games just crash back to desktop, blue screen etc. I went through the usual, changing timings and vdimm voltages. Vdd is at 1.7 btw. Still, a no-finish in 3dmark2k1. I took out the corsair and ran the hyper x by itself. 3dmark would crash almost immediately, or go for a while and crash at its usual spot. Popped the corsair in, and they kingston out. For the first time since I've gotten the nf7, it finished 3dmark. Not once, but multiple times. Timings I used on the corsair were 2 3 3 7. I switched sticks once again to verify, put the timings at spd (which turned out to be 2.5 5 5 9) and again the problems came up. So, it seems like I wasted 120 bucks. I got my board at excal, who said they flashed the bios etc. I think the bios date is 7 3 2003 or something. Has anyone had these probs and gotten the kingston to work correctly? I've searched on the topic, but it usually turned out to be a timing problem, but since I've already tried that... :\

oh, and memtest only gets a few errors in the first 30 minutes to an hour. I find 3dmark a better, faster troubleshooter.

This is what is on the white label:

KHX3500/512R
9905200- -11.A00
1201414 - 2.5v

Tyranos said:
This is what is on the white label:

KHX3500/512R
9905200- -11.A00
1201414 - 2.5v

Whoops, mine are 256MB Ram, so I am not sure about the 512MB ones. I suggest you send an email to Kingston Tech direct via their Web site and inquire what is best....

Let us know what you find

Well, I reflashed the bios and reduced memory voltage to 2.6. So far everythings a ok. :)

Back