• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Highest K7N2 Delta series FSB

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Kingrsl

Registered
What is the highest stable front side bus you've been able to hit? My watercooling parts should be here soon but so far with air cooling I cant get over 207mhz fsb stable running 1:1. From all the reviews I've read my ram should be able to do much more but I cant get anything out of it. Even lowering my multiplier down I cant get it to boot higher than 207. I'm trying to find the weak point in my system so I can really push this with watercooling. Thx!

XP2500+ @2484mhz 12x207fsb
Geil PC 3500 2-6-3-3
Antec TruePower 430
SLK-800A with Vantec Tornado

At the moment, since i got my k7n2 ilsr mobo on the 6th of aug, dont really know yet.. had it at 183, but lookin to see if i can make it puke.

i've had mine boot at 217 but that's the highest. otherwise i get weird video corruption in post and it freezes. i've never had it stable above 200 fsb. no matter what the ram timings and with ram voltage maxed at 2.7. actually it maxes my voltage if on auto even when running at 166fsb which is really ghetto. also, i'm pretty sure it's not my cpu cause i have a newer stepping and i can run the multi way up when using lower fsbs.

thx for the input. From what I'm readind this mobo doesnt like to go over 200fsb very far. That and my Geil ram needs more voltage than the mobo will supply.

Had mine up to 219 with 8.5 multi 5-2-2-2.0 timings stable for hours in prime but I like my new settings a bit better gained about 2000 points for 3dmark score

Oh, while I'm thinking of it: I've had a skim through the various OCing sites mentioned around here but I was wondering if there's anything that covers Barton (2800+) on K7N2 specifically (without reams of stuff to ignore)?

205 is the highest FSB i have got with my 2100+ but think thats not bad for a 133 CPU. It booted and worked just fine at 210 but it only read as 1050MHz so it got messed up

Most recent ventures, i was able to hit 225, but not stable enough to play anythin. Just get a bench or 2 out of it... Also, had to take it out of the Dual channel mode.

Back