• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Clustering

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

barney

Philippines,Manila,Parañaque,Better Living.
Hi,

am a long time reader first time poster........ hehehe uhmmmm so can anyone tell or teach me how to go clustering in win2k pro coz i got 8 p3 1ghz all in here with the SAME specs..... its all IBM pc's has 256mb of pc-133 10gig hd and onboard vid and sound it performs good but i want more so i can fold more and i want to do that to add up the mhz that perform one task so that its performing as one big comp. so how do i do that all have freshly installed win2k pro

I don't really understand what you mean by 'go clustering in win2k pro'. When you say that you want to 'add up the mhz that performs one task,' do you mean that youwant to raise the speed of your cpu (either by upgrading or overclocking, or do you want to free up system resources to speed things up some?

I may be able to be of service if I fully understand exactly what you are asking.

-YB

He makes it sound like he wants to have it act like one big 8GHz computer, which is a big impossible. Not to put ya down or anything, lots of people with duallys think something very similar initially. ;)

it is not impossible, but it is very difficult to do without extensive knowledge... i wrote many papers over clustering in college and i have read many books over it and i still don't know the basics that well :) i would have to say that each box would work better as a seperate boxes, but what did you have in mind that would need clustering? i might be able to point you to some people who could get you setup...

uhmmmmmm I know it can be done coz in some show i think e3 or sumthin they had 4 or 6 2u(i tthink) servers all rendering one thing and you know what proc it is its the opteron i dont know which os they used but i want to do it like yeah you got my point i want it as a big 8ghz machine coz i do alotta 3d work and for some reason this thing cant cut it in well everythings setup and perfectly running and all are conected to the network so i can do that if ever i find instructions...... ive read something in clustering on linux but its for advanced server 2.1 of redhat and dont have money to get it and i live in philippines which i tink they dont ship here am currently letting these machines fold 24/7 bill is P8000 (pesos)

sorry for double post......... i know yall know that a supercomputer is composed of many computers only doing one thing and there is only 1 person and 1 terminal that is needed to control all that i want it to be like that but dont have money to buy advanced server or database....... if only i had a T1 line i'd download redhat and go clustering now.....................and if you know a software which does this please post it or atleast point it to me..... thanks

What kind of internet connection do you have? I downloaded Linux w/ my cable, so you don't exactly need a T1.

hmmmmmmmmmm lets just say a dsl and cable connection here in the philippines is just as fast as 56k modems sometimes even slower than 9.6k modem hehehe and if you gonna d/l something here in the phil dont even think about 1-2 gigs that you can d/l with a cable and finish in a day or two thats broadband here in the phils fastest connection here is T1 and you pay for 40K pesos just for that so im sticking with my cable heehehe

well i know that windows 2000 advanced server has clustering capabilities... however, windows 2000 professional has no such capabilities built in...

btw, if you would be so kind to put spaces in your location name so the text would wrap, it would be much nicer :)

Back