• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Calling all NF7-S V2.0 Owners!!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

TeLoS

I'm helping a friend to build a system and plan to build it around the above board........

Only hitch i see is RAM.....

Was wondering if you could please post what RAM you use if you have the above board........

Would like to see varied types as to open up my options, i checked the test report and i can't find any of them exact models of DDR in the UK.....

So if anyone can post working results from various types it would be a great help to me and my buddy,, thanx for any help in advance. :D

Also any using a 2800+ Barton, as one the them is likely to go in there. ;)

I will just direct you to my sig.

Can you say awesome timings at 212fsb?

And yes you will want to run at 11 for some reason its the fastest. Ive tested.

See my sig. If you buy anything other than Corsair or OCZ brand and a low lat 3500 I will not be held responsible for your mistake...Hehe.

Dual channel
2 -256 Buffalo PC3200 winbond BH- 5
L12 mod on processor

For Gaming
238x10 2-3-2-11@ 2.9v

Regular Use
225x10.5 2-2-2-11@ 2.8v

These were purchased at NewEgg, but I believe they are now shipping the CH-5 sticks ?

avoid the XMS 3200C2 at newegg. my first stick didn't run at stated speeds, I had to rma to get an older ver1.1 stick that does work at 200MHz. A fried on mine had the same problem with the XMS3200c2 and RMA'd it for the buffalo (running at 210MHz now). Law of averages leads me to believe these are not what they used to be... Newegg even failed to post my review of the product in the feedback.

Don't get me wrong, they have GREAT service and will make it right for you, but I'd rather not have the problem in the first place. I'm still shpping there almost exclusively, but won't be buying any more xms3200c2.

Im using 2x256mb sticks of PC3500 Kingston HyperX, and with the new v17 bios it runs a treat, im in dual channel and with 5-3-3-2 timings at 220 fsb with a little bit of voltage (im not sure if the extra voltage is nessesary, but i have it just incase)

So basically, it works for me, but hardware can be a bit tempremental at times :/

Fever said:
My Corsair XMS PC3000 does 240FSB @ 2-2-2-11, so I'd say anything corsair. ;)

But you do have a CAS of 11, and if you are going to post something like that, at least tell us what voltage you are at as well :rolleyes:

Plz stick to the topic.......

I'm interested in what RAM runs with this board not what voltage it runs at....... sorry to be a nag, but if u have a seperate question then make a post.

But you do have a CAS of 11, and if you are going to post something like that, at least tell us what voltage you are at as well

CAS 11?? Dude sorry thats tRas. Go read u at Rojackpot memory rundown. For some reason on the Nf2 boards tRas 11 runs very fast, I had mine a tras 4 and 5 no problem, I put it at 11, faster according to sandra. And anyone running 11 will tell you that. I didnt understand it at firts either, theres an entire thread on it in the memory forum.

It explains part of the reason why at Rojackpot.

233mhz from corsair xms 3200 is totally unacceptable for the price to me. my twinmos pc3200 is happily doing 227mhz at it costs much less.

In "sig" as well, but I will mention here that oddly, one is v1.1, the other is v2.2 (at least that's what the stickers on the heatspreaders sez.....:p )

Mounted in slots 2 & 3.

B.

Back