• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Overclocking xp2500 and A7n8x dlx

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

jclark8279

Registered
I am rather new to the world up overclocking.... Anyway, I upgraded my cpu to a xp2500 and I can only manage to overclock it to 2.07 stable (180x11.5). Any higher than that, my system reboots and when it boot backs up in Windows, I'll get a series of Windows errors, One in particular that says my video card is causing system instability. So I plan on reinstalling the latest drivers for my ATi 8500le 64mb to see if that helps. I did flash my bios with the latest update to upgrade the A7n8x Dlx ver. 1.04 to support 400mhz FSB. Anyway, what do I need to do to get my system to run the FSB at 200mhz? I tried 200x9.5,9,8.5 etc each time it reboots or I have to reset the bios? Thanks in advance!!!

Specs:
A7n8x Dlx v1.04
xp2500 / Volcano 7+
WD hd SE
Kingston PC3500 Hyper x
Ati 8500le 64mb
Windows XP Pro w/sp1
3Dmark2001 score: 10600

Last edited:
i know that only the rev 1.4 and up support 400fsb but i've seen others do it...go into the amd faq and start there....

b4 upping voltage, you could try reducing the FSB by a few MHz to like 175 where you're rock solid and try upping the multiplier, and see if you get any higher speeds stably. If you do then its a mobo issue, you could see if your northbridge gets any hot, and if it does, then it definatly needs cooling, also a VDD mod may be in order (that's the northbridge voltage) to allow you a higher FSB, by giving more juice to the NB.

Back