• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Artic Silver Ceramique

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

raventy

I saw this on newegg and was wondering if its any good and if alot of ppl use this now over AS3?: "Artic Silver Ceramique" Thanks!

Yep. It's good for a couple of degrees cooler than AS3. It's non-conductive and cheaper too!

-Bobby

heh sounds good to me... I think ill get some instead of AS3.

when applying this stuff do I want to apply it the same way I would to AS3? (Putting a very thin layer on the core)

Yep, apply it the same way. I cut out a piece of plastic to use as a spreader. I used a very small amount.

-Bobby

*Edit* Here's a thread for a deal on Ceramique.

Well, I get about 37°C at full load (2 x F@H) so I think it's seated pretty good now :D.

-Bobby

Holy Crap... With a Zalman 7000AlCu!? Thats crazy
Please expound and give the fan arrangements and ambient temps! I want to re-create this stuff!

Hmmm... It went up.

probe.jpg

It's about 75°F just above my computer case. I use an Enermax CS-10181B with 5 SF2's and 2 regular 80mm fans (exhaust)

-Bobby

Ah nuts! I applies it according to the as3 directions and spread the asc on the dye with a clean credit card. Any one think that will matter over spreding it with the heatsink?

-=Ambush=- said:
Ah nuts! I applies it according to the as3 directions and spread the asc on the dye with a clean credit card. Any one think that will matter over spreding it with the heatsink?

That's how I applied it and it's fine for me.

-Bobby

raventy, put a small glob in the middle of the cpu die, then squish the HSF on. rotate it 1-2 degrees in both directions, making sure at the end it's square with the socket and motherboard, and you're ready to go

Careful

Asus Probe Sucks, I get 3-4c under the bios temps with probe could be running warmer than you think.

Re: Careful

Ira32 said:
Asus Probe Sucks, I get 3-4c under the bios temps with probe could be running warmer than you think.

Yeah, that's what I'm thinking because at idle, it seems way too low. Still, at 42-44°C, it's not bad.

-Bobby

Back