• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Best Nforce Motherboard Need Answers ASAP Please

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Stephan

Registered
I have to replace my DOA 8RDA+ with another board and I am looking at the NF7-S. What does everyone recommend and WHY?

I'm looking for stability and O/C'ing potential.

I need to order it quickly so please respond as soon as possible! Thanks

i say go with abit. ive had 3 NF7, both -S and plain. also had a few a7n8x boards in misc. flavors. cant speak for the epox. what i will say is that the abit has a very nice bios, awesome voltage adjustments, good board layout, easy to voltmod the chipset, and ive yet to have one that wont do 220 fsb out of the box. when i had the asus's, i felt like i had junk. funky bios, none would do above 210fsb, more expensive than the abits, and a total pain to voltmod. so get a Abit, and "get in the fastlane" (abits slogan)

what jizzler said in terms of overclocking, it has great features.

it also has amazing onboard sound, I would recommend this just for that alone :santa2: - nice board all round, you wont go wrong with it

dan

Last edited:
I am loving my nf7-s. It may not have as many features as the Asus but this board is alot more stable than my a7n8x was and it ocs ALOT better. I could not be happier with this board. As for layout well most all boards have a terrible layout. This one is about average. The only board I have recently purchased with a good layout was the aforementioned a7n8x.

Agree with the others, Abit is your best option. As the others mentioned stability and overclocking potential with this motherboard is better than others, especially the Asus, and the price is better as well.

Deathknight said:
I am loving my nf7-s. It may not have as many features as the Asus .

aside from dual lan and an extra aux audio input and digital rca out, what else does it have?

I have two of them, one rev 1.# and a rev 2.0 both boards work flawlessly with xp2500 and good dc ram, mushkin and giel. It comes highly reccomended, plus it gives the best sound I have heard out of my logitech z-680's.

Back