• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Win2k Advanced Server Clustering

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Heh, I wouldn't mind just knowing what exactly a 'Windows 2000 Cluster' even it? I know of cluster-size, but that's about it, heh.

-YB

KaHNZa said:
What sorts of things can a person do with a Windows 2000 Cluster?

think of large scale rendering, number crunching, analyzing results, (i.e. basically anything a supercomputer does)

Clustering can also be used to provide synchronization and redundancy for services, such as web and COM+ applications, network infrastructure, mail, client server applications and other functions.

Xaotic said:
Clustering can also be used to provide synchronization and redundancy for services, such as web and COM+ applications, network infrastructure, mail, client server applications and other functions.

LOL, did you copy and paste that from the Microsoft website? Hahaha.

Re: Re: Win2k Advanced Server Clustering

mbentley said:

think of large scale rendering, number crunching, analyzing results, (i.e. basically anything a supercomputer does)

So, could I say, use a Cluster to run Folding@Home?

Re: Re: Re: Win2k Advanced Server Clustering

KaHNZa said:

So, could I say, use a Cluster to run Folding@Home?

you could, but you wouldn't see any performance increase. if anything, if you ran f@h on a cluster like that, you would lose performance because one computer is being used as the "master" to tell each of the slaves what to do. they would do work units slower individually, but they would do more at once so it would even itself out... it would be too much more of a hassle if you ask me to cluster them if you are just going to fold...

Back