• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Oh No! HELP!!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

-=Ambush=-

Oh crap! So I was messing around with my memory timings to get my comp more stable@ 213x11.5. I think I set the timings at 5, 2, 2, 2t. But i'm only 85% on thoes figures.

Anyway the system restarted after i saved it in the bios, then nothing. Nothing came on the screen and no "beep!" came from the computer. Now that had happened once before when I had set the multiplier too high and it didn't get past the loading screen before it restarted (worked just fine after i manuely restarted it). But after i tried it again , and again, and again. I begame to get worry. Eventually I feared that I fried my cpu. I opened the case, looked inside and everything looked ok. I took of my hsf and took out the cpu to look underneath it. It looked normal. I put everythin back together and turned it on again.

This time it went to the asus a7n8x loading screen (the first thing you see with my mobo) but withing 4-6 seconds of that (before the mobo screen disappeared) it turns off. Of course I tried again ang again to no avail.

Now here is where it get intersting. I turned it on, and before it could turn itself off I hit the restart button, the asus mobo screen disappeared, but the compueter was still running. Then at about the same time it did on the loading screen it turned off. So no matter what, it always turns off after 4-6 seconds after the mobo loading screen.

Well I am stumped on what this might be (not to mention scared as hell!). I suppose it could be the mobo turning itself off due to heat but after only 4-6 seconds? and what would the memory timings have to do with that?!?

Well any help is appreciated, I and really worried here as It is (or atleast was) a really great sysyem.

Oh, and here are my system specs:

Asus A7N8X DLX rev 2.0
Athlon xp [email protected] 11.5x213 1.825v
v11+ hs lapped and w/ asc
2x512mb kingnston DDR400 RAM pc3200
128mb geforce4 4800ti
thermaltake xaser 3 case
samsung 52x cd/cd-rw/dvd

I will be posting this in the amd cpu forum too.

Thank you.

have you tried clearing the CMOS...if so, you might want to try to clear the RTC memory...which is different then the CMOS...

Clearing CMOS

1. Unplug PSU
2. Move CMOS jumper from 1-2 to 2-3 for a few seconds...then move CMOS jumper back to 1-2
3. plug PSU back in
4. restart computer

RTC Memory clear

1. unplug the power cord from the PSU.
2. pop out the motherboard battery
3. put the cmos jumper from 1-2 to 2-3 for a few seconds...then replace the cmos jumper to 1-2
4. reinstall the motherboard battery
5. plug in the PSU
6. hold down the delete key when turning on the system and enter the BIOS.

Hopefully this will work for you...

Alright, its not at 100% but its better that total failure.

See the amd cpu thread of this for my current trouble.

I would deleate this thread but I don't knwo how. If a mod want to deleate it feel free.

And thanks again glock19owner :thup:

You may not have your cpu hs on and the cpu is overheating. The cops on that board will turn it off as soon as that cpu gets hot. Make sure it is seated good and then reset bios and try again.

Back