• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Update program for WinXP system

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

youngbuck

Does anybody know of any program on the market that will give me the capability to backup my Windows XP system using CD-Rs?

Thanx in advance,
-YB

I can't get the built in one to work with CDRs. Would the harddrive images Norton Ghost makes revive my computer to its previous state AFTER a complete reformatt?

-YB

youngbuck said:
Does anybody know of any program on the market that will give me the capability to backup my Windows XP system using CD-Rs?

Thanx in advance,
-YB

What I have found as to be the most reliable way to backup my system is to buy a cheapo 20-40gb HDD and install it. Then use MS backup to backup to that drive. That way you always have a bootable backup if something bad happens. If you think that 20-40gb is not enough, it sure isn't with me, I only backup MS stuff cause the backup feature is not that reliable with MP3's and so forth. Backup those files seperatly on a CDR or CDRW.

Back