• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

I just don't understand (A7V333 temperature problems)

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

The_Ryz_Factor

I just don't get it. I'm on an A7V333 with an XP 1900+ and my temps are just so damn high. The heatsink I am using is a Thermalright SK-6 (no, not the SK-6+, just the normal SK-6) and there is a 21 cfm 60mm Sunon fan on top of that sucking air away from the heatsink.

The temperatures in SiSoft Sandra for the CPU reads 64C. Board temperature is 34C. What in the hell is wrong with this thing? I've owned only ASUS boards in my life and temperatures have always read so high like this. I used to have an A7V133 a couple years back and temperatures were similar. I recently bought a new case with more fans and places for air to come in/out, and temps are still this high. It's late and I'll read the BIOS temps later but assuming these temps are real, I have no idea why things are so high.

Maybe I need a new heatsink. Maybe I need better fans. (As a matter of fact, I just ordered some newer and better 80mm fans to place around the case.)

Anyways, any suggestions are appreciated. I am also wondering if other people have similar things happen with their A7V333 boards or any ASUS board for that matter. I'm frustrated and it's starting to **** me off. I don't even dare O/C this thing at all because of the temps I read.

The problem is the sucking. Fan no worky when it sucky.

Turn it around and all should be well, as the fan is way more efficient when blowing.

Omfg.

So here's what I've done. Well, luckily my brother had an SK-6+ lying around. I checked out the bottom of my old SK-6 and saw that there are "scratches" and whatnot where the CPU would be touching. Upon putting this SK-6+ on instead of the SK-6, my temperatures have gone from 62-64C down to 50-51C.

My problems are solved, but I am still gonna go out and buy new fans and stuff. I'll be getting a Delta 30cfm fan for the heatsink (hopefully this won't be a screamer like the old Delta fan I used to have) and I'll be getting some strong 80mm fans to put around the case. I want these 80mm babies to throw 50cfm's of air or so so that I can get good airflow. :)

PS - For some reason board temp is down to 32C as opposed to 34C. :D Gah, I'm so happy this thing finally isn't running at some god-awful hot temperature.

Back