• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Temperature sound right?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

feyo

Registered
I just installed an SK-7 with a TT Smartfan II. My idle temp is ~38 and under load it's ~45. I've overclock around 200 mhz. Does this sound right, or should it be lower. I'm wondering if I should attempt to remount the heatsink for better performance. BTW, I'm getting the temps from ASUS Probe. BIOS temp is higher.

Thanks

Need more information..

What CPU
What FSBxMULTIPLIER
What Voltage
How many fans.

I have a Barton 2800+, FSB is set at 175 with a 12.5 multiplier. Voltage is at 1.75. I have two fans - both Antec 120mm Smartfans. Is that enough to go on?

Thanks

Those temps are pretty good then. Usually when I see people talking about barton chips and temps they are idling in the low - mid 40's and load is in high 40's low 50's.

So i would say yours is pretty good. The only thing is if the Asusprobe is accurate or not. Try installing MBM and see what it reports.

Back