• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Nforce2 lan not working.

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

vaneesbe

Registered
Hello.

I purchased an nforce2 Biostar M7NCG motherboard.

I have installed the latest nvidia drivers. I cannot get the onboard lan to work.

Windows XP seems to recognize the ethernet port, and I see a physical connection with my switch, but I cannot get it to pull an IP address from my DHCP server. There's no way it's getting an IP address.

My PCI network card works with no effort.

What the hell?!

Mike.

Have you checked in the BIOS to make sure that the on-board LAN port is Enabled? Also, you might want to look in the Windows Device Manager and make sure that there are no errors associated with the on-board LAN.

If all that does not work, then you might try manually assigning an IP address and see if that works.

Well if xp recognizes that the port is there then I think it must be enabled in bios. Hopefully you have already checked this but did you verify that its configured for dhcp?

have you tried reinstalling a different version of your drivers? I've had the same problem with several boards. usually a driver reinstall does the trick.

Back