• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

NEW Mobo..NF7-s or the DFI?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

evilted26

Registered
Hello there! It's time for me to upgrade again, and I was wondering if anyone has a take on which mobo I should go for, the NF7-S Vers.2 or the new DFI Lanparty NFII Ultra.

The NF-7S certainly looks like the board of choice for most guys, however the DFI board is new and is being heralded by the review sites like it's the best thing since sliced bread!

The only thing that makes me hesitant about the DFI is the lack of mounting holes for the CPU cooler. I am currently using a small heatpipe that uses a clip for the mount, however somewhere along the road I would like to explore using a Peltier/Chillwater setup. Any leads on peltier-capable waterblocks that mount with a clip would be useful as well.

Finally, I also need a new power supply because my old Enermax 630W shorted and caught fire. Any ideas on which PS is better for either board?

Thanx in advance for any input you guys might have. :)

If you 'll o/c get the abit, if you are going to lan parties and want to show to your friend your glowing mobo get the DFI. Also the DFI is extremly expensive.

For the PSU check out Antec True Power 480

Honestly, with your plan of a Peltier/Chillwater setup, I would recommend the Abit motherboard, solely because of the mounting holes. The DFI is a very impressive motherboard, but with your needs taken into consideration, the Abit is better.
As xboy said, the Antec True Power 480 is a good choice for a powersupply. The Fortron 530W would also be good as well.

abit, i have had problems with dfi in the past..with az11e's but maybe they fixed there ways.....

Well I just went through the same decision and ordered a NF7-S rev 2 last night from Monarch Computers so I guess I suggest the Abit. From all I have read this is the board to get right now for OCing. I kinda wanted to wait for the Epox RDA+ rev 2.1 but my money was burning a hole in my pocket.:D

Back