• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

How can I get more MHz from my FSB?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

MetalStorm

Okay, with bios v 17, I can get my FSB to 220MHz stable, but any more and I get errors, I know this is not due to the ram...so how can I get some more MHz out of this bright orange board!?

Try the L12 mod. Before i got max 215, now i can push the CPU to 240, and i'm with Kingston 3200 Value RAM :( .

Give some voltage to the RAM, 2.7 or 2.8

I recommend you using the wire trick. And when you fry the CPU just remove the wire and RMA the CPU :)

Okay, so the L12 wire trick it is... just I have no idea how to do it.. (I did look at the site which "explained" it, but it was over my head...)

would anyone be able to instruct me on how to do it (maybe over msn for example?)

Place a small diameter wire long enough to insert into the two socket holes. The holes correspond to the pins shown in this image
socket462_fsb_sense_pin.gif

which is the bottom of the cpu.

The wire needs to be small enough that the cpu pins will still fit into the socket holes also. :cool:

EDIT: to clearify writing.

Last edited:
since there are 5 holes shaded you'll need to be more specific. For the 1700 though use the top bluegreen hole (labled ah30) to purple hole next to it. Be Aware that the diagram is mirror image reversed as compared to looking down at the empty mobo soket. Also use three other peices of wire stuck between the pins to balance the CPU or it will wobble.

Deeppow, I just want to verify what you are showing in the picture. You have to insert the wire in the 2 blue-green holes (not the purple ones)?

Also, this picture is looking at the underside of the CPU and not looking at the mobo socket. So you actually have to reverse everything if you are inserting the wire in the mobo socket holes?

A picture is worth a thousand words, see this link which is the bottom of the cpu, same as above. Thus you need to invert with respect to the socket. That also links to an xtremesystems thread.

I haven't tried it so I suggest you read through the link and xtremesystems thread to make sure the info is valid. :cool:

I did it and eventually I soldered the wire to the underside of the MOBO. Refer to my earlier post. Good Luck:)

hey....I can't remember which multi you loose the use off when doing this mod, can some refresh me on this.
was it 9 or 9.5? from what i thought but not sure.

Back