• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Which runs cooler? 2100+ or 2200+ Quick Responce plz i dont have much time.

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

raventy

Im trying to get an order in before I leave to replace my dead 1900+ and was wondering which proccessor runs cooler: Athlon XP 2100+ or XP 2200+ or is their no real difference? I will be using a Coolermaster DP5-7JDIB-OL heatsink ( http://www.newegg.com/app/ViewProduct.asp?description=35-103-408 ) and dont want the proc overheating at all when its going to be under constant use 24/7 for my server. Please respond as quickly as possible for I dont have much time. THANKS!!

go for the 2100+ if thats a t-bred do not get the 2100 pali it will run much hotter than the 2200+

if its a t-bred go with the 2100+ if not go with the 2200+ :)

Yay! Theres a 2100+ t-bred with my name on it at newegg! THANKS A TON GUYS FOR THE FAST RESPONCE!!!!:) :) :)

Last edited:
yea the last copper hsf I ordered killed my cpu... *mumbles* "defective Speeze HSF". I ordered this hsf before for another persons cpu and it cooled it down quite well with such little noise and its rated up to an XP 2600+ so I think it'll cool my 2100+ down no problem. Ill give it a go and if it starts to overheat ill just foam from the mouth. ;) :p

OK good luck with that.

Copper - best affordable heatsink material - didn't kill your CPU, that's like saying your Palomino died on you so you'll go back to old Athlon Thunderbirds...lol

LOL yea I kno. I was just complaining how my last hsf was the biggest POS in the world. STAY AWAY FROM THE SPEEZE FALCONROCK! haha. It seems like I wasnt the first to have fun overheat problems with that pos. haha Thanks! and hopefully this will work!

Back