• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Recommend a good heatsink/fan combo

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

The DJ

Registered
Hey, new here. Great forums you have.

I'm on an AMD 2200+ and I'm using Arctic Ceramique TC, stock HS/fan and 2 90mm fans mounted (one in the front and one in the back half way blowing on the cpu along with the case fan sucking out); the right side is also off. BIOS says my temp is around 47-50°C with about 25-30°C room temp. (though Sandra says 38°C cpu temp.) and it used to around 49-55°C without the Arctic TC.

So, the stock heatsink/fan is pretty much garbage. I was lookin for a decent hs/fan combo. Noise isn't really a factor (well kinda) cause my 15inch Yamahas will drown it out anyway, hehe ;) .

I appreciate your help. I would say a decent one, no more than around 30-35$.

hmm well an SLK800 and your choice of 80mm would be around 35-40 shipped, otherwise the SK-7 and your choice of fan around 25-30. Those are the 2 best in that region for performance. Both are excellent

WELCOME TO THE FORUMS!

I use a Vantec Aeroflow. My temps arent that great, but I got my 2500+ up to 2100 mhz stable so far. I've heard others have had better success with it than I have.

Its 27 bucks on newegg

Back