• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Real Player

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

thalzaar24

Hey guys, got a small problem. I recently reformatting my computer and re-installed my items, but i went to re-install my Real Player and once installed it won't open up.

I went to real.com and downloaded the free player, it installed and downloaded just fine. It showed up on my desktop and in the add/remove programs, but if i try to open it up, it doesn't do anything, like it's not even trying to start. I tried to uninstall it, but it says there is no uninstall program so it's stuck on my computer. I tried to install overtop of it and it detects that it's installed to overwrite.

anyone have any idea what to do to uninstall this?

I think realplayer is the most annoying spyware, it keeps on re-installing when i removed it from my computer. I think i should mailbomb them

thanks for the help. The add/remove plus didn't work. it gave me the same error as before for some reason but i believe it let me uninstall even with the error. I installed the real alternative and it works.

thanks again.

is it just me or does real player seem more like a virus.......than a player.

If you install it, it takes over everything. Plus, it doesn't ever want to uninstall

sorta on the same subject...I have a program doing the same thing as the Realplayer that started this thread....zMud :)

It's installed properly, and registered, but I d-click it...nothing :(

seems we have the same problem, with two different programs. I'm running winxp pro, I've tried un/re-installing to no avail.

Back