• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

80mm fans that'll startup, and quiet, at 7v?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

fuzzywuzzy

Registered
Is there a list or anything anywhere, that I can check up to see which kinds of 80mm fans:

- will spin up at 7v
- will be quiet at 7v or anything between 7V and 12v? (I have fans that are fine at 12v, but when put on a rheobus, they sound 'wonky' at 7v or other voltages.

I have a full tower case and my PC is bugging the hell out of me. The TMD fan is loud as hell, and I've gotta go back to the stock HSF.

(Note: The TMD fan doesn't work with a rheobus. Doesn't startup at 7v, and is basically a 'low' setting, or spins up regular speed at 12v. Nothing in between.)

I know Sunon fans do not start up at 7v, which is a bugger in the event I left it at 7v, and power it up when it's been turned off...

What about the Panaflo H1As, and the LOs?

yeah L1A's startup at 7v i'll confirm that, there incredibly quiet. You may want to consider a manualy adjustable fan too, very easy to set.
Also I think pretty much any fan out there will start 7v modded (atleast 80mm)

Don't assume that.

I have tried an 80mm Sunon fan, in addition to the 74mm TMD fan, and both of them just sit there, 'studdering' a bit, and cannot start at 7v. If you spin it just a bit, it'll have enough juice to begin spinning on its own.

Has anyone had any experience with Panaflo H1A's at 7v? Since L1A's are so quiet already, there's no need for my rheobus. So, I figure might as well get H1A's (assuming they can startup at 7v) so I can adjust them down to 7v when needed, or keep them at 12v.

ajrettke said:
yeah L1A's startup at 7v i'll confirm that, there incredibly quiet. You may want to consider a manualy adjustable fan too, very easy to set.
Also I think pretty much any fan out there will start 7v modded (atleast 80mm)

vantec tornado

My vantec tornado starts and spins at 7v. Its not as loud as it would be at 12v but its still pretty loud (at least its not like a vacuum cleaner turned on inside my case)

An update for anyone who cares...

Vantec Stealth 80mm - can start up at 7v (rheobus), adjusts up to 12v just fine. Has a slight whirring noise when set to 7v though (not sure if it's because of the motor, or just the air flowing through it.)

Back