• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Mem Maxed Out?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

SITEOD

Registered
Hey all.

I'm using 1 stick of Samsung 512MB PC2700 and 1 stick Kingston 512MB PC2700 running 2.5-3-3-6 mem timings at 211 FSB. I'm using an Abit NF7-S mobo with a 2500+ Barton if that makes any difference.

Any higher than 211FSB and it becomes unstable at any voltage. I was just curious to know if I've hit the highest FSB my memory will go?

Yes, you pretty much have. In some cases, you may be able to squeeze some more mHz out of it by burning in the memory using memtest86 for 24 hours or so. But 210 or so is usually the max for Samsung memory. Still very respectable.

take each stick out run them seperately.. remember the ocz pc3700 uses samsung pc 2700-3200 tb3 chips.. u might have gotten lucky...

I was just going to ask the same basic question...

I have a single stick of 512MB Samsung PC2700 on a Asus P4B533 and a 2.4b (c1 stepping) P4. Memory's set the same, but I can only get to 158FSB reliably. Voltage was at 1.75 for the core, 2.9 for the memory. Also using the retail intel heatsink/fan that came with the CPU. So I was wondering if it's the memory being maxed out or just my 2.4b at the end of its rope.

Would there be any major benefit going to PC3200 or something higher? Eventually both the MB and CPU are going to be upgraded to a IS7 and a 2.4c, so maybe's the time to splurge?

Thanks in advance.

Back