• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Corsair for an Abit AT7 and subsequent upgrade mobo?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Cpu6x4

Registered
I'm tired of gaming with xp and all my other stuff running in the background on just 256M of ram:eek:, so I've decided to make the jump to 1 gig. I know how much I want and I know I'd like 3200, and I know I want Corsair, but that's where my certainty ends.
I currently have a locked 1700+ pally in an Abit AT7 running stock clocks. At some point though I will either unlock it or get a dut3c and oc. Not sure if I'll hit 200fsb with this mobo, but eventually I will be getting another one which this memmory will then go in to. So yes I know this is more than I probably need right now, but eventually it will be running at 200.
I've spent the past couple of days reading stuff and looking around, but I can't reach a solid conclusion. I'm hoping to get some other opinions before going and spending a very generous persons money on something they probably already consider insignificant.
I guess what I'd like to know is: is there any good reason to go for the xms; why the heck do they have to scare me by calling that stuff "value select"; is there a good reason to get a matched pair (or, is there a good reason not to....); what other questions have I forgotten to ask:p; and do I need to reconsider what I've already determined or am I ok (corsair; 3200...)?

Both comments and criticism are appreciated.;)

Last edited:
Back