• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

couple question's about NF7-S...

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

ezeKieL987

ya i had a epox 8rda+ rev 1.1 and started having problems with it...i then decided to get a new board and couldnt find a epox i wanted and was seeing really good result's with the abit's so i went ahead and ordered one...i tried to hook up the sata thing to my primary drive after i installed windows and sp1 and everything and it locks when it load's windows, so how can i get that to work right...and also is the stock nb fan good enough for overclocking or should i put my crystal orb on there? i can also put some as3 under the stock fan and that should help...and should i cool the southbridge? i have a zalman and a cyrstal orb sitting here from my epox...and then when i get some twinmos i want to cool the mosfet's...sound good?

I don't have any answers to your questions but I would like to see some answers. I also was looking for a epox and ordered the abit because I couldnt wait on epox. I'll change the nb cooling and move the NB cooler to the sb but I'm not sure about the mosfits. Is it really needed?

I just got this board myself, I think the fan is pretty crappy on the NB but I had it off for like 3 hours running the board at 200fsb while I was deciding whether or not to replace it. Since it ran fine at that speed without even a fan, I put AC3 on it and put it back on. You have to have the SATA drivers installed before you can put it on a SATA channel. I don't know if that will work that way, I did a fresh install on the SATA channel using the serillel adapter and when I decided to put it back on the IDE because of poor performance, it wouldn't even boot. I had to do a fresh intall on the IDE. Don't know if that will be the case though going the other way. Good luck!

Tyrantos: no you dont...

and tuskenraider you said you wanted to switch them due to bad performance? so your hard drive was faster via ide then through the sata at 150? cause i thought it would be much faster...and as far as my cooling i think i will just put some as3 under the stock nb cooler and put my zalman on my sb...cause the nb is running way cooler then my 8rda+ and i have it set at 1.7v right now...

Back