• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

speeze falcon rock tp vs volcano 9

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Jarhead7236

i bought a speeze cooler just to see and it outperforms my lapped V9 by 10C's....with my V9 at full tilt, i was getting mid 60C load temps, with the falcon rock tp (using the sf2), i get 56C load temps...not bad....this is just a temporary cooler but i was surprised...i'll lap it when i get back and see how much better it is...

Jarhead7236 said:
i bought a speeze cooler just to see and it outperforms my lapped V9 by 10C's....with my V9 at full tilt, i was getting mid 60C load temps, with the falcon rock tp (using the sf2), i get 56C load temps...not bad....this is just a temporary cooler but i was surprised...i'll lap it when i get back and see how much better it is...

I hate my falconrock's stock fan...it ran my chip with a higher temp than the stock AMD

but for the price it is a big heatsink...nice to know that a bigger fan can make it decent

btw, the 56C load temp was with the SF2 at 3500rpm...so i'm pleased with the hs...i'm using the stock speeze fan as my exhaust fan and notice it doesn't push much air....

Ya i got the same heatsink, the stock amd heatsink was better. I think i need better thermal grease(im using alumnia) and im going to lap it. Also my fan is only at 2400 rpms wtf it supposed to be at 2700 rpms i think its the fan that sucks.

as3 or as ceramique are obviously very good...i use as ceramique. get a new fan for the hs...the smartfan 2 is working good on mine...

I just lapped it and it didng give me that much of a decrease in temps. WHat are your idle temps jarhead?

Back